Kvetha Fricaya! Greetings Friends!
- Deleted scenes from Murtagh’s point of view. These were in the original, self-published edition of Eragon and haven’t seen the light of day since.
- A digitally painted, full-color map of Alagaësia. (It’s absolutely gorgeous.)
- A 20th anniversary retrospective letter from yours truly on the writing of Eragon.
- An extensive behind-the-scenes Q&A on names, languages, characters, dragons, and various other aspects of the world of Alagaësia.
- Large amounts of concept art for the map: Saphira’s eye, the dwarf runes, the Liduen Kvaedhí (elves’ writing system), and the yawë symbol.
- A never-before-seen look at the very first hand-written page of Eragon, as well as selected images of early plotting and editing.
Overall, I’m extremely proud of this edition. Whether you’ve read Eragon a dozen times or you’re just picking it up, this makes for a wonderful, in-depth look at the world of Alagaësia. Plus, as I said before . . . Murtagh deleted scenes!
All the best from Montana. And as always, may your swords stay sharp!