Welcome to the new version of paolini.net. As you can see, we rebuilt the entire website from scratch. Simple, right? Nope! It took months. Together with the fantastic WebDevStudios, we went through rounds of design tweaks, functionality revisions, blooper troubleshooting, and data conversion to bring you the best browsing experience.
The streamlined design will help you navigate through Inheritance Cycle info, news updates, writing advice, videos, etc. we’e posted over the years.
Here are some of the things you’ll find:
- Tips for writers young and old
- Interviews with various authors about the craft of writing
- Guides for the languages of Alagaësia (including audio pronunciation recordings)
- Encyclopedia Alagaësia articles that take an in-depth look at the characters, places, and things of the Inheritance Cycle
- Eragon Teacher’s Guide and other educational resources
- Stories from readers around the world about how the Inheritance Cycle affected their lives
- FAQ and the ever-popular Q&A series
Please let me know on Twitter and Facebook what you think of the new design or if you find any bugs.
Okay, so I can hear you saying, “The website is good and all, but what about your newest book?!”
Fair enough. The novel has required far more rewriting than I expected. This isn’t a new process for me. When I wrote Eragon, I ended up pretty much completely rewriting it from the first draft to the second. Kept the story but fleshed out the characters, dialogue, description, etc. Seems to be a habit with me.
Anyway, I’ve made the necessary changes and sent the manuscript off to my agent, and now we’re beginning the process of actually bringing it to publication. I should have more news on the subject before too long, and I’ll be sure to keep you up to date throughout the process via regular news posts here on paolini.net.
As always, thank you for reading the books!